Just Let Us Teach

A good friend of mine wrote a book titled "Let Teachers Teach".  I liked the title then and I like it even more now. I can't think of anything that teachers want more than to just teach.  I can't think of many teachers (although there are a few) screaming for raises, or more benefits, or more time off. The common wish list includes: treat us with respect, treat us professionally and fairly, and let us teach. Although, I am sure that there should also be something in this list about fewer meetings. 
I talked to a friend this morning and I read a post. They both have the same thing in common- frustration.
A true teachers loves teaching. 
A true teacher gives more than 100%. They give everything they have. 
And the ones who benefit are their students. And the teacher. That's right. 
A true teacher gives everything, but is tremendously blessed in return. 
It is a win-win situation.
That is why I am so sad when these issues are brought to light. 
I don't really have the words right now, but I can't help but wonder:
"When will experienced teachers be included in local, state, and national educational concerns?" 
 "When will true reform come to eduction?" 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Hot Topics!

Back to Top