Cold, Snowy Weather

When the weather gets like this.... cold, windy, snow skies... I head to the kitchen. I love to bake and this is the perfect day for it.  Unfortunately, I also love to eat what I bake!    

Today, was the day for cookies and such.  I was kneading a batch of scones and thinking how like dough we are. We change shape and form often in our lives. We are often molded by events and circumstances.  Trials can leave us burnt around the edges or a little doughy inside, needing more time to be complete.  The old saying goes, " Trials can leave you bitter or better." True, but often when we go through trials we don't want to hear any platitudes, we want relief.  

The kneading that we undergo isn't always easy to accept. Fortunately for us, God brings joy out of our painful experiences.  He takes each trial, event, or circumstance and molds us into the perfect shape and texture with just the right seasoning and brings us out at the perfect time.  

I often find myself trying to tell God how to do His job.  
Next time I find myself trying to give God instructions, I need to remember that, just as I know the right time to remove the scones from the oven, God knows the right time to move me.  He is always faithful and His love knows no end. Just as I want to enjoy a tasty scone, God wants to see me at my best.  I'll be sure to leave myself in the Master's trusting hands.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Hot Topics!

Back to Top