Weary

It is that time of year. Time for bustling and rushing here and there.  You had a great idea for a research paper. So creative. Covering so many goals. Now, you have to have it graded before the end of the quarter. Every. Last. Paragraph. And. Paper. What were you thinking?!

You've been braving the unseasonably cold temps and watching children run and scream while the North Winds howled around you. You have caught every sniffle and snuffle coming and going. And now.... you have to have the house spruced up, shopping complete, and the holiday meal preparation in full swing before the door bell rings.

What you really want is to go into hibernation. Until spring. You would love to throw the alarm into next week (maybe next year!) and snuggle in for a long winter's nap.

Yep! It is that time of year. When everything seems to come crashing down and you just hang on. You ask where the time has gone. Where has the year gone? And still, you find yourself caught in an upheaval from the moment your eyelids open until they slam shut at night.

Been there, doing that. Although this year, I'm NOT doing that as much as I have in the past.  I'm trying to learn the art of pacing and of looking up.  I want to enjoy the sparkle of the season. Jesus tells us in Matthew 11:28 to "Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest."   Rest. Beautiful.  Yes, I am weary and I long to rest. I am thankful for my heavenly Father who knew there would be days like this and was waiting there, with arms open wide, to receive me and give me rest.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Hot Topics!

Back to Top