Precious or Precocious

Never thought I'd be subbing in a kindergarten room. Not in a million years. And, certainly, not loving it.   Guess what they say about never saying never is right.

It's odd, really. You would think that I'd want to stay in familiar territory. Stay with the big kids.  Middle school. Nope. That's where we'd both be wrong.  I guess I had enough of hormones and smart mouths. I replaced them with high pitched voices that can't pronounce things right and grubby little fingers that love to hold your hand. And it was worth it.

I'm not saying there is a lot of difference between kindergarten and middle school. Not so much.   But little kids can be fun. They make me laugh.  They make a mistake and they laugh.  They spill the entire contents of their art box? Oh, well. That's life. And a hundred little fingers reach out to help their buddy retrieve all of his colors.   In fact, they think everything is funny.  From farting to picking their nose.

Now, why would I think it's funny?  It's really gross. And stinky. But their expressions are so priceless. And innocent. They say what they mean. They say what they are thinking. They live in the moment.  Next year is too far away.  They find wonder in everything.  From an ant in the grass to someone's new hair bow.  Snacks are the best thing that ever happened to anybody. And someone who's crying needs a hug.

Life is simple. There are few complications. Their world is big and bright and shiny.  And if it isn't... then it's my job to put some polish on their gray world.

It's Turkey Time!! 
Quick little nonfiction lesson

Great unit: before or after Thanksgiving!




If you're not following my blog by email, you can catch it weekly by following my facebook page, Chocolate 4 Teachers or my Pinterest Blog Board.   




      Privacy Policy

This blog does not share personal information with third parties nor do I store any information about your visit to this blog other than to analyze (this blog is run by blogger, a Google company so Google analytics are used to provide me with general statistics about my blog readership) and optimize your content and reading experience through the use of cookies.  This blog is published on Facebook and Pinterest sites. This blog is not responsible for their use of cookies. If you wish to turn off the use of cookies you may do so at any time through your specific browser settings.  If you sign up to receive the blog by email, your email will not be added to any other mailing list or sold.  It is simply used to send the blog post to your inbox. No purchases may be made from this website. In order to purchase my resources you must visit the hosting website.   I am not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without my permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice and was last updated on August 1, 2019. If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly at kimberlyfrencken@gmail.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Hot Topics!

Back to Top