It's Christmas.

How can one little word cause so much controversy? I don't understand the offense.  I don't understand why is it taboo to call Christmas break- Christmas break.  I don't understand why such a big deal is made by retailers about wishing customers a Merry Christmas. No one gets upset when someone wishes them a Happy Thanksgiving.  And I've yet to see a mother tell her children to NOT wish her a Happy Mother's Day. Likewise, I've not heard anyone deny the fact that "winter is just around the corner."

Calling Christmas by a different name won't make it go away.  It won't change the day or the way in which we celebrate. Not everyone celebrates December 25th the same way. Some hang up stockings, some put up a tree, some have an elf that reports to Santa. And some, like me, celebrate the birth of my Lord and Savior.

Holidays are events that we celebrate.   Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, and Mother's Day are holidays. Seasons are a time of year.  Spring, summer, fall, and winter are seasons.   If you want to say "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons Greetings"  I won't yell at you or make a scene or type a negative comment on your Facebook page.  I will respect your choice of greeting. I will smile and wish you a Merry Christmas.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Hot Topics!

Back to Top