Thanks!

We've all heard the phrase, Thank a Teacher, but does anyone actually do it. 
Yes! I've been thanked numerous times and it never fails to humble me. 
After all, God gave me a gift to teach, and all I'm doing is using it.  
I've got the easy part.   
Today, I want to Thank a Teacher. Over the years I have had the privilege of 
having many great teachers and of working with many great teachers.  
For instance, my piano teacher that encouraged me and believed in me even 
when I didn't practice. Thank You.  Or my elementary teachers that let me 
'teach the class' (I didn't give them a choice!). Thank You. 
Or the teacher that helped me purchase food for a homeless student. 
Thank You. Or the teacher that stays after school, volunteering her time 
night-after-night, helping kids understand math. Thank You. Or the "two guys" 
that always made our team laugh 'til we cried. Thank You. Or the countless 
others that have become friends. Thank You. 
In my opinion, teachers are the real heroes. 
Going the extra mile. 
Staying late while their families wait at home. 
Attending games and dances. 
Buying clothing and food for needy kids. 
Crying with our students. 
Defending our students. 
And loving them.  
Teachers aren't the ones that stand out in a crowd. We 
don't seek attention. We quietly go about our business of loving kids. 
I won't say we do it 'for the kids' because that phrase has become trite and 
meaningless. Teachers live it and breathe it because that's who we are. 
Thank God for  teachers.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Hot Topics!

Back to Top