Practice Makes Perfect

                                                     
The clock is ticking........ Okay, sorry to remind you! But once you turn the calendar to August, you can almost hear the clock tick. During my first years of teaching, I would "practice" getting up and getting ready for school.  Crazy, huh? Yet year after year, two- three weeks before school started, I would set both alarms (Yes, I actually set two alarms), go to bed early, get up early, and time myself getting ready. By the time school started.... I had it down to a fine art. 
Regardless of what you do to prepare for the 'big day' all teachers have something in common. A new year begins and our personal lives go on hold.  It shouldn't be that way. But year after year all of our good intentions go out the window and we give everything we have to our kids at school.  This year, I'm going to challenge you to make time for yourself and your family.  Call it a personal reserve.  Hopefully the tips and ideas on this blog will help.  Let's call it chocolate for the teacher's heart (and a chocolate bar in your desk doesn't hurt either).


No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Hot Topics!

Back to Top