Change Stinks!

I'm not a fan of change.  I like routine. I am an organization nut.  Yes, nut. I know that I go overboard. My clothes are arranged by the color wheel. They are grouped by category (dresses, pants, cropped pants, tops, etc.)  The tops are arranged by sleeve length. My socks are separated by color. My pantry is arranged by category (vegetables, fruits, pie fillings) and all turned to face out. The oldest goes in the front.  The items in my freezer are arranged alphabetically.  I know this puts me over the top, BUT, it does make getting ready and meal prep so much easier and so much faster.  I can find stuff when I need it. When we go out to a restaurant, I have the same thing. I know which place has the best chicken, the best steak, or pasta dish. Why change if I know that it is my favorite?  Sometimes I am wild and crazy and actually try something new off the menu.  Wow! That is moving outside my comfort zone! But, I admit I have found new favorites.

The past two years have been a trial and error experience in the change department.  I gave up having "my classroom". Now, I move to the classroom where the subject is taught AND I change what I teach every term.  Nothing is mine. I can't claim to be an expert in one class and teach it term after term. I can't even claim the same students.  And, you know what??? It's FUN.

 I've  read a few posts about teachers moving to a new school or a new grade and they seem to be in panic mode. Yes, change stinks, but sometimes it smells a lot better than where you were. So many times, I've thanked God for moving me (It just about took dynamite!). Give yourself permission to panic and be desperate.  I've found that God works best with broken pieces. When He breaks me or allows me to be broken, I come back stronger and wiser than before. I am still the same person He created, but now I have new skills or new experiences. I've grown.  Go into the new situation or grade without any expectations or anticipations, except for the hope that it will be good. Look at this as a chance to try new things and meet new people.  Look at your change as a menu. Pick something new off of it and give it a try.  God gave you this new menu to have new experiences, and from experience, I've discovered that anything God has planned for me is going to be awesome.


A friend pushed me out of my comfort zone (again) by asking me to create something for her preschool students. My first thought was, "What could a preschool student possibly need to learn beyond how to share??" Then I started doing research and discovering there is so much they need to learn!! I made these cards for her and guess what? Yeah, it was FUN!
Preschool Science Cards

Have a well-deserved break this summer!

Like my FB page, Chocolate 4 Teachers
Follow my Pinterest Board, Chocolate 4 Teachers


Privacy Policy
This blog does not share personal information with third parties nor do I store any information about your visit to this blog other than to analyze and optimize your content and reading experience through the use of cookies. You can turn off the use of cookies at anytime by changing your specific browser settings. I am not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without my permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice and was last updated on June 5, 2015. If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly at kimberlyfrencken@gmail.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Hot Topics!

Back to Top