Two Ways to Know if You've Made the Right Decision

Did I mention that I don't like change?  Well, I don't. I am a creature of habit. Boring, but true. Sometimes, I have to make a change. Change is part of life. So, whether or not I like it, here it comes.  When change definitely isn't on your agenda, what do you do?  How do you adjust?  How do you know if you made the right decision?  I had two reminders this week. One in the form of the printed words of my devotional and the other in the words of a friend.


In Mark 4:39, Christ used three words to calm the storm, "Peace be still".
He can, and will, use those three words to calm you or your storm.
Chaos and confusion isn't an option.  So, no matter what twists and turns life brings, I can be assured of one thing.  Peace.

On Wednesday, a friend pointed out that another phrase for the Promised Land was the Land of Rest. He said that any time we are in the will of God, we will experience rest, but when we are restless, we are not in God's will. Wow! I never thought of it like that. I have times when I am restless. I can't seem to settle down. I don't have peace either. Could it be that those are the times that I am not where God wants me to be?


If you are facing a change and you're not sure which way to go, check in with God. He will guide you to the place where he wants you. To the place of rest. If you feel restless about an option, revisit your choices and your decision. If you are confused, spend more time considering your options and in prayer. If you are not experiencing peace about your choice, chances are, you've made the wrong one.

The two ways to know what to do........ Ask yourself two questions. Do I have peace about my decision? or Am I restless?

For more encouragement, like my Facebook page: Chocolate 4 Teachers
For practical resources, at teacher-friendly prices follow my TpT store: Chocolate 4 Teachers 
Finally!!! Finished and available at TpT. Be sure and check out the free sample too!
Click here to review this resource and don't forget to download the FREE sample!



1 comment

  1. Thanks for the great reminder! I think I needed to hear this today! God works in many ways but sometimes I don't hear him because I'm too busy to stop and be still! :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Hot Topics!

Back to Top