Making Sense of Things When Your Career Takes a Change

You may not understand now why your situation changed.  You may not understand cutbacks which made your job obsolete, or having to step outside your comfort zone to find a new job. But one thing remains constant. God is still in control.

This can be really hard to accept when you aren't sure how you'll pay the August electric bill or put your child through college. But it is one truth that remains.


A friend recently told me that he didn't believe in God. I was momentarily speechless and in that moment he quietly said, "I know Him. I don't believe in Him the way some believe in the tooth fairy or Santa Claus. I know Him here" and he gently touched his heart.  He went on to tell me that he knows God hears him, loves him, protects him, and provides for him, even when he is doubtful and afraid. He talked about his blessings and provision, through ups and downs. Through times when he didn't know how he was going to care for his family, God was caring for him.

I was ashamed. Ashamed of my lack of faith. Of my doubt. My worry. And, how I try to do it all- all by myself. It doesn't work that way. Christ is standing ready to take my burdens, my weakness, and my shame. I need to give it to Him and let it go. Easier said than done, but the peace is so worth it. I've never been promised an easy life, but I have been promised that I will not be alone.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I am counting on it being even better than today. When God moved me from my comfort zone into the unknown, He moved me into a closer walk with Him and blessed me far beyond anything I could ever imagine or deserve.

If you are facing the unknown, or being pushed out of your comfort zone, take the Master's hand and get to know Him.


For more encouragement like my Facebook page, Chocolate 4 Teachers


Make your 'end-of-the-year' easier with these products available at Chocolate 4 Teachers
Memorial Day 
Memorial Day Task Cards

   

No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Hot Topics!

Back to Top