Is Spring Break Really Necessary?

Is Spring Break really necessary? You bet it is! In fact, more teachers than students are counting down the days to Spring Break! In my 'neck of the woods' Spring Break season is upon us. The robins are filling yards. Daffodils are popping up in unexpected places. Thunderstorms are rolling across night skies. Parks are filling up with laughing children and relaxed adults.

Why is Spring Break so important and so cherished?  Well... funny you should ask!

Spring Break is:
- a time to breath.
- a time to sleep in. No alarms, thank you very much!
- a time to see what the rest of the world is up to.
- a time to talk to family and friends. Reconnect.
- a time to wear your stay-at-home clothes.
- a time to buy groceries while it is still daylight.
- a time to eat sitting down.
- a time to finish a good book, see a movie, or catch up on a favorite program.
- a time to forget (yes, I said forget) school.
- my last mental vacation before the last semester.

Just try to take away my Spring Break and see how quickly my smile fades. See how quickly I become irritable and downright hostile.  Those complainers that argue that teachers shouldn't have a  week off with pay don't know that I've already worked multiple 70 hour weeks. They are probably the same people that think I don't deserve summers off (let's not even go there!).  Spring Break is a time honored tradition.  Time when I can be a kid again! So... is Spring Break necessary? Absolutely. If you want me to function at an optimum, sane, level of expertise... then definitely YES!

Enjoy!

                                    Triple Chocolate!

Follow my TpT store, Chocolate 4 Teachers to get the latest news on new products and product renovations. And , if you like free resources, following my store is a good way to hear about them first and hear about flash freebies and sales. Just click on the green star by my name! Easy!!


Have you taken a look at these March resources? Why not? Take a peek today!

Irish folktales, tall talesand legends!

March Folktales and Legends
And ... while you're at my shop, check out March Paired Reads!  4 fiction and non-fiction reading pairs + 30 task cards + printables =Super value !!!





Check out all of my Pinterest boards ... from teacher's stores to teacher's resources to quick meals for people on the go!   Chocolate 4 Teachers .
And, if you like my sarcastic sense of humor, check out my Facebook page.... (Yep! It's another chocolate!) Chocolate 4 Teachers.





Privacy Policy
This blog does not share personal information with third parties nor do I store any information about your visit to this blog other than to analyze and optimize your content and reading experience through the use of cookies. You can turn off the use of cookies at anytime by changing your specific browser settings. I am not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without my permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice and was last updated on June 5, 2015. If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly at kimberlyfrencken@gmail.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Hot Topics!

Back to Top