Leave My Retirement Alone!

Teacher retirement seems to always be caught in a contest of wills.  It often comes under fire from politicians and a privileged few who want to reform it.  For the life of me I can't figure out what politicians and millionaires have to do with my paltry retirement. I don't understand their interest or their interference.  Maybe they have too much time on their hands. Or, maybe they just like putting their nose in someone else's business. Well, I have something to say. Keep your nose out of my business. I earned, that's right, I earned my retirement. I didn't see you roaming the halls when I was sitting there with a child whose parent had failed to pick them up. Again. I didn't see you buying clothes for a child that needed something warm to wear. I didn't see you providing meals, out of your own pocket, for a latchkey kid that was hungry. I never saw you helping me move, pack, organize, or decorate my classroom. And, I for sure never received any financial contributions from you. So, now you want to interfere with my golden years. The years where my life is not controlled by an alarm clock or the parents of my students. When I don't have to sit up until the wee hours of the morning just so I can provide my students with immediate feedback. The years that I can enjoy my birthday and anniversary with my family and my husband instead of conducting parent-teacher-student conferences. The years I've looked forward to and earned. Just like each of you earned in your respective professions. So, I'm asking you to butt out and let me live. You have your millions and billions. Something I will never have and, frankly, never desired. I choose my career and served with the best of my ability. I gave it everything I had. I made many sacrifices, but it was worth it.

For those who represent my retirement, protect me. Fight for me. I have been a loyal employee and I deserve my retirement. I had my paycheck reduced in order to put part of it aside for my retirement. I have trusted you to invest it well and provide me with a living in my later years. Don't let yourself be influenced by people who want to rundown education. They didn't serve you, so don't let them control you. Hold on to your integrity by doing the right thing, not the politically correct thing.  I trust you and I need you to work for me.

Retirement should be a well-deserved rest, not a battle to keep what we have earned.

If you liked this blog, check out my FB page,  Chocolate 4 Teachers And, if you'd like to see gif-previews of my reading resources follow my Pinterest page, Chocolate 4 Teachers.  And, by following my TpT store, Chocolate 4 Teachers you will receive emails every time I publish a new reading resource!


Privacy Policy

This blog does not share personal information with third parties nor do I store any information about your visit to this blog other than to analyze and optimize your content and reading experience through the use of cookies. You can turn off the use of cookies at anytime by changing your specific browser settings. I am not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without my permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice and was last updated on June 5, 2015. If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly at kimberlyfrencken@gmail.com












No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Hot Topics!

Back to Top