What is Your Favorite Christmas Memory?

We all have moments that stand out to us, imprinting themselves on our memories, but there is that one moment that seems to be foremost in our minds. 

For me, it was over 40 years ago (well over 40 years ago!). I was about 7 or 8.  Christmas was always special. It didn't matter if we had plenty or 'just enough'.  Dad and Mom made Christmas special.  Christmas Eve always found my sister and I nestled next to Dad for a reading of " ' Twas the Night Before Christmas" and then the Christmas reading from Luke. 

On this special Christmas Eve,  the three of us held a special secret. I'm sure Mom suspected something was going on, but she never asked. Christmas secrets were honored. I'm sure if Mom had asked I would have spilled the beans!  

Christmas morning seemed so far away, but sleep made the hours speed by.  Soon we were around the Christmas tree in anticipation of that one special gift. I can't tell you what I received that year, but I can tell you what my mom received.  Dad had purchased Mom a new set of wedding rings. I'll never forget Mom's surprise or tears of joy or the look in their eyes as Dad gave her this special gift.  We didn't have a lot, but Dad made a sacrifice because he wanted to show Mom just how much he loved her.  

I don't remember much about that day except this moment of time that is frozen in my memory. All the love and joy we held in our hearts was wrapped in a small ring box. 


No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Hot Topics!

Back to Top