How Do You Spend Your Summer?

Awww.... nothing to do. No alarm clock to interrupt my reverie. No responsibilities. Just me and summer. Then reality hits. Ballgames. Summer events. Vacations. Family Reunions. Back to School. Bam! Summer's over. And, it just got started.

How do you spend your summer? Resting and relaxing or running kids to every sporting event and attending every family function?   Or, maybe you do a mixture of both. However, you spend your time the biggest plus (for me) is not setting the alarm. I hate, yes hate, my alarm. My body hates my alarm. That annoying little intrusive piece of electronics!

My summer is just my sweetheart and me and our furry babies. And responsibilities. Lots of them. Obligations. Well-meaning people that think I have nothing to do because I'm on summer break.
Well... actually... I don't get a summer break where I currently work. Our classes are year-round. No breaks. No summer (that's okay- I'm only part-time).  So all of those good intentions about signing me up or insinuating that I have nothing better to do all day, please just let them slip right out of your mind.  Please don't think of me first because you know I'm just dying of boredom. I'm not.

I'm good at keeping myself busy. I know that you don't think sitting at a computer typing a blog or those little ole lessons for kiddos is work. I know that you think this is child's play. I know that you think catching up on household chores, or doing the routine laundry doesn't take up much of my time so surely I'd like a little diversion. Maybe... not so much.

You see... teachers work a whole, entire year in just 9 months! That's right, we cram 12 months of work into 36 weeks.  Summer is our time to catch up, spend with our families, do things we want or need to do. Summer is our time. So, thanks for thinking of us...  but....


Speaking of those little ole lessons.... Check out these mysterious reading units...

Something just isn't right at the Old Mallory Place
Looking for something else? Shop at my store: Chocolate 4 Teachers
Or take a sneak peak at my Pinterest Boards: Chocolate 4 Teachers



Privacy Policy
This blog does not share personal information with third parties nor do I store any information about your visit to this blog other than to analyze and optimize your content and reading experience through the use of cookies. You can turn off the use of cookies at anytime by changing your specific browser settings. I am not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without my permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice and was last updated on June 5, 2015. If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly at kimberlyfrencken@gmail.com

2 comments

  1. I teach all summer as well. My pre-school and after school literacy groups are done for the year but I still have all my private students. The pace is more relaxed. I'm trying not to fill every minute of it with other commitments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A relaxed pace makes everything seem more fun and .... well.... more relaxed! :). Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Hot Topics!

Back to Top