There is No Tired Like End of the Year Tired!

The day after the last day there is only one thing I want to see or hear. The inside of my eyelids and silence. The year long race is over. I can finally crash. And, I will. Hard. I may set a few records for most sleep at one time.  Forget the recommended 7-8 hours per night. I've got some catching up to do.  Don't call. Don't stop by. I won't answer. Sheer exhaustion has claimed me. I won't be checking email or text messages. At this point, I could care less.  I have no idea what is on TV so I won't be staying up to watch any of the end-of-the-season finales.

You want a hot meal? Use the microwave.  You want me to do the laundry? Turn your clothes wrong side out. That's the new style. I call it fatigues.  You want me to pick up something for you at the store? If they don't deliver, you shouldn't be doing business with them in the first place.  The pets want to be groomed? Train them to do it themselves. I'm checking out for a few days of R & R. I need some me time.

I don't mean to sound selfish or uncaring.  I don't mean to leave your stranded or lacking in anything, it's just that I've given all of me there is to give. I'm empty. I can't think of any cute or witty thing to say. In fact, I don't have one coherent thought in my head. It appears to be empty. Even smiling takes too much energy. I'm too tired to eat. Dressing seems like a huge waste of time since I'll only be up for a short time. And, for that matter why put on make-up or fix my hair.  I'm too tired to look at my own reflection, not that I would recognize myself anyway. Naps are really misunderstood.

I will return to normal. In a few days or weeks.  I will be vertical.  I will speak. I might have something entertaining to add to the conversation.  Smell that tantalizing aroma? I tried out a new recipe.  Do you love the way your clothes feel fresh? No more turning them wrong side out.
I'll return to the land of the awake, but right now all I want to do is sleep.

Night.......

Still in school? Need resources to make ELA and reading review easier?  Take at look at this fun review resource.  P.S. I have several more to choose from!
ELA task cards
Not in the mood to shop? Just click on the green star to follow my store. You won't have to worry about checking for new products or sales. You'll get an email reminder! How easy is that!





Privacy Policy
This blog does not share personal information with third parties nor do I store any information about your visit to this blog other than to analyze and optimize your content and reading experience through the use of cookies. You can turn off the use of cookies at anytime by changing your specific browser settings. I am not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without my permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice and was last updated on June 5, 2015. If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly at kimberlyfrencken@gmail.com


No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Hot Topics!

Back to Top