What Easter Means to Me


About 2 years ago, my husband and I made a decision that would eventually change my world. I was asked to testify for a colleague in a termination hearing. I had documentation that would help his case. I was warned that the administrators would see this as an affront to them and do everything in their power to either stop me from testifying or from continuing to teach. We prayed. I was so convicted that telling the truth was the right thing to do that, for me, there was no other option, even if it robbed me of a career that I loved.

Six days before the hearing, the harassment began.  And it did not stop after the hearing. In fact, it was turned up a notch. How I survived my final year in public education is simply a miracle. God protected me. Each of my steps was guided and guarded.

And at the end of the year, a door appeared.  I opened it. God had prepared a place for me to use the gifts of teaching that He has given me. To say that it was easy leaving “my” district after 21 years would be a lie. I was comfortable and loved my job. But God had other things in mind for me. Things I could not even imagine. He blessed me with a true educator for a boss, a man with integrity and compassion. He blessed me with colleagues that work together without jealously. He blessed me with friends that are supportive and caring, who have stuck with me through thick and thin.


So, what does this Easter mean to me? This Easter is very personal. I have come on a journey that was not easy, but the reward was so great. I am daily reminded of my Savior’s great love for me. He provides every need I have. I have a peace that passes all understanding, and so much joy I feel like I could burst.   Easter is a reminder that no matter what I go through I am not alone, God knows what is best for me, and the ‘Easter’ renewal can happen at any moment on any day.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Hot Topics!

Back to Top