There is Life After Resigning

In May of 2014, I decided to leave public education after 21 years. It wasn't easy, but I was tired of "fighting the system".  I love teaching. I love kids. But, I don't like politics, unnecessary meetings that take me away from my students or family, and unsupportive administrators that seem to be unqualified.  I wanted the best for my students and I didn't think that some of the "best practices" that we were practicing were beneficial to my students.  I just didn't feel like I was preparing my students for the 'real-world' or even high school.  I had questions and concerns that centered around the well-being of my students.  I don't care how up-to-date or state-of-the-art the school is- what I care about are the children that come to me expecting to learn. I even went as far as telling my superintendent that I didn't work for him, I worked for every child in my classroom and their parents. And I meant it. 

So, at 50 years of age, I'm starting something different and something new. I can't say that it has been easy, but looking back I know that God moved me. He had a plan for me, which He revealed later the same day I turned in my resignation. I went to talk to a private institution and was hired that day. Next, some friends talked me into writing a blog and putting my teaching ideas on-line. Another friend suggested that I start a teacher Facebook page.  So, I've jumped in with both feet and never looked back. My new job is a blessing. I look forward to going and come home happy.  The readership of my blog is growing with each post. My teacher shops and Facebook page have been slowly growing which frustrates me. I don't do slow very well. But, I know that this is where God wants me. For now. 

My goals: to give my students my best everyday; to write a blog that informs and encourages educators; to maintain a Facebook page designed to keep teachers up-to-date on issues, comfort, and provide some laughs; and to share practical, useful curriculum and ideas that will help to lighten the load of educators.

My hope: that my students succeed; that if you like my blog, you will like my Facebook page, Chocolate 4 Teachers to keep current on posts; and that you will visit one of my teacher stores-
Chocolate 4 Teachers, Coffee 4 Teachers, or Teacher Treats and share with friends to help my business grow. I would also love to hear your comments. 

So, to celebrate new beginnings, I'm offering one of my February Daily Lesson books to the person that shares this post the most.  I have two February books- one for 2nd grade and one for 3rd- possibly 4th grade.  




No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Hot Topics!

Back to Top